Hyderabadi Biryani is a popular Indian rice dish known for its rich flavors and fragrant spices. Here’s a traditional Hyderabadi Biryani recipe:
1. Rinse the Basmati rice under cold water until the water runs clear. Soak the rice in water for 30 minutes, then drain.
2. In a large pot, bring 4 cups of water to a boil. Add the soaked and drained rice to the boiling water. Also, add bay leaf, cloves, cardamom pods, cinnamon stick, and salt. Cook the rice until it is 70-80% cooked (it should still have a slight bite to it). Drain the rice and set it aside.
3. In a large bowl, marinate the chicken with yogurt, ginger-garlic paste, red chili powder, turmeric powder, biryani masala powder, and salt. Let it marinate for at least 1 hour, preferably overnight in the refrigerator.
4. Heat ghee or vegetable oil in a deep, heavy-bottomed pot or biryani handi over medium heat. Add the sliced onions and cook until they turn golden brown. Remove half of the fried onions and set them aside for garnish.
5. To the remaining onions in the pot, add green chilies and ginger-garlic paste. Sauté for a few minutes until the raw aroma disappears.
6. Add chopped tomatoes to the pot and cook until they become soft and mushy.
7. Now, add the marinated chicken to the pot and cook on medium heat until the chicken is tender and cooked through. Stir occasionally to prevent sticking.
Sprinkle red chili powder, turmeric powder, and biryani masala powder over the chicken. Mix well to coat the chicken evenly with the spices.
8. Add chopped mint leaves and coriander leaves to the pot. Mix well.
Layer the partially cooked rice over the chicken in the pot. Drizzle the saffron-infused milk and rose water over the rice. Sprinkle the reserved fried onions on top.
9. Cover the pot with a tight-fitting lid and cook on low heat for about 20-25 minutes. This will allow the flavors to meld and the rice to cook completely.
Once done, remove the pot from the heat and let it sit for a few minutes.
Gently fluff the rice and mix it with the chicken and spices.
Enjoy this recipe with your loved ones 🙂 hashtaghyderabadibiryani hashtagbiryanirecipe hashtagmasterchefabdul